Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When will I break this Plateau?


I decided to start working out really hard when I turn 29 years old. I was going to fight the 30's metabolism slow down. Running was what I was going to do to achieve my goal. Well, I did... no weight gain when I turned 30, and I even shed a few pounds and trim up nicely. Since, I was doing so good I wanted to keep going, but alas I am stuck.

Let me tell you a little about my pass. I was 135lbs in middle school. When I played soccer, I trimmed up, but no weight loss. I was 135lbs for the rest of my high school career. I did not play anymore sports, since my father informed me that girls are not allowed to play sports or be outside period. Well, I graduated and attend University of Florida for college and gained 10lbs. I worked out a little, but nothing serious. Okay 10lbs wasn't anything to worry about. Let's just say that I am only 5 feet tall so ten pounds made me a little round. By the end of my second year I had gained another 10lbs. Ohhhh that was bad, but I didn't realize it until I saw a picture of my fat self. Weight Watchers here I come, it got me down 10lbs and I was happy. I have been stuck at this 142 - 145 range since. Now, I have ballooned up when I was pregnant, but I always got back.

Here I am again... try as I may, I can't seem to bring the numbers down. I know... I know about the muscles weighing more than fat and all of that and numbers don't matter. You know it kinda does matter. I have been working way too much and way to hard not to see a decrease. Well, maybe I can't do it myself... I just got professional help, but nothing, still stuck... and he is tough with me, too. He pushes me to my limit and I am so good with my food intake. He checks that too.

The picture looks good, but you don't see the fat legs and belly. Some say they would love to be this size, but that is not my goal. On the BMI scale, I am 26.9 which means I am overweight. I am not obese, but I am not in the ideal healthy. I need to lose about 15 to 20lbs. I like to remind everyone that I am only 5 feet tall.

I have tried everything... not everything... not all those crazy get quick, lose quick scams. I tried some and I learned my lesson.

I will let you know if I break this plateau. In the meantime, I will be working hard and counting calories. :D

No comments: