Thursday, July 7, 2016

Moving to Cambodia

Hello Friends,

We are moving to Cambodia.  Yes, you heard it Right.  You might be saying to yourself, WHAT!!!? Why? When? Who? Are you Crazy? I knew it.  Finally.  I am tired of her talking about it. Uggg she is getting annoying.  LOL I love you all and I want to answers some questions you might have.  

Where is Cambodia?
Cambodia is a country in Asia which border Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos.

Continent of Asia so you can have a perceptive of where I will be.

Closer view of Cambodia 

Who will be going?
Our whole family will be going.  


My husband has a great opportunity to work with a company that will let him work remote.  He is very happy with the move (job and country) and look forward to the experience.  My four daughters is a little nervous, but in the long run it will be a good move for them.  We will be Homeschooling and there will be supplement virtual classes.  They are very excited to have an adventure.  As for me, I will be refreshing my Khmer (because I am rusty) and learning more about the Royal Cambodian Ballet.  This will be a great opportunity to refine my skills. 


When are you leaving?
We will be flying out at the end of August.  We will be out of our house at the end of July, because we have renters moving in August 1st.  ----"Whoooo!!! Where are you going to stay?"  Fortunately, Chad's parents said we can stay at their house and it is near Fort Myers, so we will be flying out of that airport.

Do you know where you are going to live?
Not, yet, but I have lots of family that are going to help.  We are plan on finding a place in Phnom Penh (capital city).  Most of my cousins and aunts and uncles are still in Cambodia and I can't wait to get to know them better.

Here is a good website to look at: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/culture-lifestyle/traveltourism/140414/21-reasons-phnom-penh-best-place-live (#4 cheapest message is painful. -- it is actually a healing technique and Asian parents have been reported to DCF for it-- it works though) 

No comments: