Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Settling In

It is hard to keep up with this blog.  I have deactivated my Facebook account, but I have been posting pictures on Instagram.  If you would like to see my Instagram page, please look me up.  My account name is "allaboutsavin".

It has been almost two months since we have been here in Cambodia.  It has been a slow start, but very productive.  We found a house to rent and getting to know our neighbors.  Everyone has been very nice.  I have learned the ins and outs of the markets, mostly.  We do have a Mall of some sorts near the neighborhood.  It has a Lucky Market, a Lucky Burger, a Movie Theater, and a traditional food market.  I go to the market almost everyday to buy the food for the day.  Sometimes I buy for a couple of days.

I expected the kids to learn to speak Khmer by now, but it is not the case.  They have learned a few words.  It doesn't help that they hide from any new people who wants to talk to them.  It might be nice to have someone who speaks Khmer all the time here in the house.

Since, my parents have left it has been very quiet here.  No one comes around anymore.  I was hoping that we would get to know more of my cousins, but they are very busy with their lives.  We did go sightseeing with one of my cousins on my mom's side.  He just got a new job and he just found out his wife is pregnant.  So we are on our own, but I think it will be for the best.

Church is very different here, but everyone is very nice.

Here are some pictures from when we got to go with the cousins when my parents were here.

Dinner at a Fancy Chinese Restaurant 

Buddhist Temple and going to hang out at the River nearby.







My cousins hanging out while we wait for my parents flight.

These next few pictures is of us sightseeing with my cousin Mine.  He has been awesome.


The Palace


Traditional Clothes for the Royal Court

Each color represent a different color of each day.


Room of Elephants

I don't remember what this was, but it is cool.

Weaving loom.

Of course you have to go to the carnival.  It was not far from the Palace.




No comments: