Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Woman I Only Met Once...

My grandmother, my mom's mom
She has gone to a far better place.
Should I be sad? probably
Did I know her? not really

Now both of my grandmother have passed away.
Neither one I knew very well. Only one I ever met.
Is it sad? Yes
Did I miss out on meeting and know two great ladies? Probably
Did they live a long and productive life? Most Definately
They were both in their 80's and 90's.

Sorry to say I do not know her name. I just called her grandma. She had 10 children... 3 who died before she met her fate this morning at 9:00 AM EST. My mother was the 3rd oldest, the third girl. I wish I could tell you more, but I know so little of her. I know she was loved and she loved others. When I met her she couldn't stop looking at me since I was the last grandchild she didn't have the pleasure in meeting. (Of course safe the best for last.)

Grandpa and Grandma Nohn

More stories to come when I get a chance to talk to my mother when she is feeling better.

1 comment:

Bill Blimes said...

So sorry that your mom is so sad but it is good that she went to see her last fall and that you got to meet her. The picture with your mom and her mom is precious. Let me know if I can help with your Cambodia trip fundraiser.